Monday 17 September 2018

As time goes on, I often wonder how life will be with Fibro and ageing.  There are days when I imagine that I won't be able to cope with the ailments that one can get as one ages, on top of Fibro.  It kind of does my head in a bit because it is a worry.  Then I remember if one is being mindful, one wouldn't worry about the future so much.  

On the days I struggle with more pain than usual, I find myself thinking I won't be able to be the grandma I could be without Fibro.  Lord knows I hope it isn't too soon, but at the same time I think... I hope it is soon, because if I am only going to get worse, it is better off to happen in the near future while I am still able to be a grandma that can walk to the park and push the littlies on the swing, and actually have a bit of fun...  


On the other hand, going forward maybe there will be some more knowledge surrounding this mysterious disorder.  Maybe there will be something that brings the relief we need to get through with long spells of painlessness.  We can only hope.  

The best we can do is get through each day, and remind ourselves that we aren't alone in this.  There are so many sufferers of all sorts of chronic pain, and Fibro is just one of them.  I find thinking about the best things in my life get me through the day, the moments shared with my children, the time we spend together at the dinner table, the times that I am so preoccupied my pain is in the background and not the forefront of my day.  If we can count those small special moments throughout the day, surely living in the moment and feeling those joyous moments will make each day a better day with Fibro.  

It's worth a try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment