Saturday 1 December 2018

This morning, as many mornings in past, I woke up with 'fire in my blood'... the good ol'feeling of flowing lava through my body.  I seriously analyse this discomfort, and often wonder when it is happening where it all comes from.  It made me think of a conversation I had with my sister not long ago, and her comment that the 'Chinook' that comes through her province causes her great pain and discomfort.  So I thought about that and did some googling on barometric pressure.

Barometric pressure and chronic pain sufferers bring a load of the same old stuff up, and also studies that suggest there isn't enough scientific results to confirm that it has any effect on sufferers.  However in a survey in USA amongst many middle age women Fibro sufferers 80% of them said weather changes affected them and pain increased with weather change. 

So today there is definitely barometric pressure, and there is news that a storms is on its way, and you can certainly feel it in the air.  Some of us chronic pain sufferers, feel it seriously within our body.  It can only be described by me as 'lava flowing through my veins', or 'fire in my blood'. The worst part is, I'm not joking, I'm not trying to be funny, it just is.  I am not saying that this is the only time it happens, I just know it is exacerbated by this energy build up.  It feels like my body is responding to the electromagnetic forces outside.  It feels like the energy is trying to suck out my cells through the walls of my skin.  It feels like the energy makes my blood (that is on fire) swirl around the joints in my hips and my low back, and sometimes my shoulders. It is quite strange that I try to figure out how to describe this pain, but it somehow makes me feel better, it hurts still but I feel better for telling someone how it feels.  

The sad part about having a flare up is the working up of the body towards it, in some instances you can feel it coming, where each day the pain increases ever so slightly, and you wish it away, you know it is coming, but nothing stops the steps up and up and up towards the final landing of the flare! Those days when I have a list of jobs I want to complete, just have to be put on hold (on a weekday too bad so sad, I still have to go to work).  On the weekend I have the luxury of saying no, to cleaning the oven, no to organising my drawers, or getting the extra bits done that I look forward to during the week.  I can't choose anything else because my body says this hurts to freaking much, so just try and be still, try to relax and wait for it to subside, notice key word here being 'try'!!

Go away weather energy, I say.  Hurry up and pass by.  Either rain and thunder, but please stop sitting in this holding pattern that is killing me!!!  I know it is real for me, and I know that the barometric pressure affects me, so science can say whatever it wants based on the general studies they do... I know it's happening and it hurts like hell.

Having said that, I hope you all are able to deal with your 'fire' 'lava' whatever flows through your body in a positive and hopeful way, go well and keep your chin up as usual.



1 comment: